What We Offer
What Makes Us Unique, Special and Different:
At Emerald Neuro-Recover, our philosophy and ideology centers around evaluating, diagnosing and treating from a comprehensive and integrated approach. What does that mean? It means spending more time with our patients to build a detailed and specific history and physical so that all areas or concern are addressed and taken care of individually and specifically to each patient’s needs.
At Emerald Neuro-Recover, we take more time to assess and evaluate all symptoms and concerns both objectively and subjectively taking a multi dimensional, multi factorial and multi disciplinary approach to a patients overall health and wellness. Put simply, “We integrate or utilize all accepted forms of medical disciplines such as; Traditional Medicine, Functional Medicine, Natural Medicine, Asian or Alternative Medicine and Complementary Medicine for a complete and holistic approach to our patients health and wellness.
By breaking down medicine into a series of specialties and disciplines we are able to view things and our patients in “Comprehensive and Integrated Way” where we take more time and specialized attention to evaluate what is really going on internally and externally. We do not believe in the “High Volume Practice Model” where you are rushed through the doors and given medications without full rational medical consultation and explanation.
Dr Humiston and our seasoned staff spend time listening to you concerns and make well thought out fully explained long term treatment plans rather than “just throwing medicines at patients, hoping and guessing you will maybe get things right!’ We feel at Emerald Neuro Recover that the managed care quick turn high volume approach is unsafe, unnecessary and could be life threatening in some cases!
Some of the questions that we ask on our initial consult will be:
- What are the common underlying links for your concerns are and how it effects your whole body and all of you connected organ systems as it pertains to what it needs to operate and function at its optimal levels each day?
- What are the core factors that are driving all of your health conditions from head to toe for all of your Biological, Sociological and Psychological elements in you life history?
- What is or are the simplest, safest, most straight forward ways to approach, treat and manage these core issues at the very cause or root of the concern or problems?
- What are ALL of your symptoms by character, timing, frequency, fully described nature, what triggers them, what alleviates them, and their chronology?
- What is your environment like and how does it effect they way you think, look and feel?
- What are your life and daily stresses and your stress relievers with your work, relationships, sleep, exercise, and diet?
- What medication have you taken or taking and if you have been exposed to toxin exposure such as molds and other infectious agents?
Your Functional Medicine Visit:
A integrated and multi disciplinary functional medicine evaluation all of our patients will have a very detailed, focused history and physical and we take our time and it should be done in person. You should expect your first visit to take 1.5 to 2 hours. At our clinic and practice you will be made to feel at home where you find it is modern office, yet comfortable and relaxing.
We have been told:
“Your office and staff make me feel like a human being and not a number, like one of their family members.”